Monday, October 3, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Sammich

I went and did it again...turned a perfectly good menu item into my own crazy creation.  It seems I have a bad habit of doing that.  Anyway, we found ourselves in San Diego at the Cheese Shop (http://www.cheeseshopdeli.com/) for breakfast recently and I had my eye on the Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese sandwich that is on the menu.  Considering it was breakfast time I wanted some egg to go with it so I did what any logical person would do...asked for a fried egg on the side.

I had full intentions of adding this egg to the sandwich when I got it, but the server was kind enough to ask if he should have the cooks go ahead and add the egg while they were cooking it.  Man was that sucker good.  The jalapenos were fresh instead of pickled, the cheese was gooey and delicious and the fried egg rounded it out with a little extra oomph.  This might just become a staple.

Side note...Steven got the Breakfast Feast with the blueberry pancakes and they did not disappoint.  We would definitely go back next time we end up in San Diego. 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Perhaps we can try to recreate after Boot Camp one of these nights? Sounds like a good post-workout feast! :)

    ReplyDelete