Thursday, October 6, 2011

Let's do the math

Curiosity has gotten the better of me and I am going to attempt to figure out how may calories I ate yesterday.  Here goes...

Bowl of Cereal - 150
2% Milk for Cereal - 110
Yogurt - 100
Walnuts - 150
V8 Butternut Squash Soup - 160
Goldfish - 100
Peanuts - 50
Babybel Cheese - 70
2 Quesadillas - 350
Sour Cream - 31
Green Olives - 45
Roll Fresh out of the oven with butter - 130
Half a Spaten - 93
Life Saver mint - 15

That all adds up to 1554

The calculator says that if I were to lead a sedentary lifestyle my body would need about 1,600 calories a day.  The reason I even started thinking about this is that I am heavier than I used to be.  There is a possibility that I can blame this on boot camp because I am doing more weight training than I used to, but my pants are tighter than I would like.  Ultimately it isn't the scale that I am concerned about, but I am not about to buy new clothes.  If I could maintain this eating habit every day I would be fine, but I think my weekends habits are sabotaging my good work during the week.  It is time to get to work on that!

1 comment:

  1. I also blame boot camp for a fraction of the pant-tightness (helllloooooo bleachers and squats)...but, yes...perhaps I should do the same exercise...after this weekend is over...my last weekend of freedom before consuming mass quantities of veggies (or V8)!

    ReplyDelete