Friday, September 30, 2011

What is a Cordial?

After walking around the neighborhood, Sus came in to chat for a bit.  As any good German would do, I offered her a drink and spouted off a whole slew of things to call this drink.  One of the words that came to mind was a cordial and when Sus asked what it was, I realized that I didn't actually know what it meant.  So dictionary to the rescue...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cordial

The drink of choice was Trader Vic's Macadamia Nut Liqueur so according to Websters we were definitely having a cordial.  It was served over ice and man did it hit the spot.  Luckily for Sus it isn't a dessert (even though it tasted like one) so it was on the allowed list.  She described it as tasting like a nut butter, but in drinkable form.  I have also served it with a splash of milk or cream before which is also nice.

Perhaps it will become the next marshmallow experiment?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how to post a comment...but I am sure that I love cordials! Yum! Enjoy your vacay. You didn't miss much last night...except another cardio/sprint workout. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete