Monday, September 2, 2013

Okra with Leftover Salsa

Okra and tomatoes are a great pairing in my mind and I've been making a version of stewed okra with tomatoes for many years.  Usually it is with frozen okra and canned tomatoes, but this time around I had fresh okra and leftover salsa.  In an effort to consume all the food that comes in my house, the two went together in a skillet.


Dice the okra and sear it in a very hot skillet.  If you look closely you will see some brown/black bits in the okra above.  That my friends is flavor.  Once the okra is mostly cooked through, toss the salsa in with perhaps a diced jalapeno if you like some spice, and salt and pepper to taste.  Cook a bit more and serve up.


I ate it with some pinto beans, sprinkled with a bit of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment