Monday, September 9, 2013

Tomatillo Hash

This is not your average hash.  The tomatillos are replacing potatoes and they bring a nice sour flavor to the party.  Just a thought, can I still call it a hash if there are no potatoes?  Luckily I am not a chef so I get to play by my own rules.

Ingredients: Leftover roasted chicken drumsticks plus the onions that were cooked with the chicken, poblano pepper, tomatillos, parsley, eggs


Dice it all up, aside from the eggs and parsley, and cook in a skillet over medium heat for roughly 10 minutes or until the tomatillos are soft enough for your liking.  When everything is cooked through, crack the eggs on top and cover.  Continue cooking for about 4 minutes, or until the whites of the eggs are done, but the yolks are still soft.  

Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy :)


Seasoning Note:  You may be wondering why I didn't mention salt and pepper.  That is because the chicken and onions were already quite seasoned and brought enough to the table, but I also prefer food that is lighter on the seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment