Friday, September 20, 2013

FWF - Herby Dogs



Just a bit of waste this week.  A mostly full packet of veggie dogs and a sprig or two of Oregano.


No excuse for the Oregano, I just got lazy and stopped pulling it out of the fridge to use.  The veggie dogs on the other hand were a request for a vegetarian at a cookout we had.  I will be the first to admit that I eat a lot more vegetables than I do meat, but these processed veggie dogs just aren't my thing.

Ingredients

Water, soy protein isolate, soybean oil, evaporated cane syrup, pea protein isolate, tapioca starch, salt, potassium chloride, bakers yeast extract, carrageenan, dried garlic, natural flavor (from plant sources), natural smoke flavor, xanthan gum, fermented rice flour, guar gum, oleoresin paprika (color).

Honestly, what is half of that stuff?  Anyway, I never could convince myself to eat these so instead they went into the bin.

Thanks to Simply Being Mum for hosting FWF.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you know that you never read the label for hot dogs, no matter what the kind, if you want to eat them. You just don't want to know what's in them. :)

    ReplyDelete