Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Greenling Local Box - Sep 9 - 13

I took 3 or 4 weeks off of receiving a Local Box from Greenling to get caught up on all the food I had in the refrigerator and to make sure I wasn't wasting it since we weren't home for a few weekends.  Which means, I was quite exciting for the delivery last week.

For this week:
  • Bibb Lettuce - Salad for lunch
  • Pears - Morning smoothie when they are soft enough
  • Jalapenos - They get added to almost every dish for a bit of spice
  • Carrots - Lentil, Celery and Carrot Salad.  Also, the greens have been cooked and will be added randomly to dishes to just up the nutritional content a bit.  
  • Basil - To be combined with additional basil from my plant and some cilantro to make a pesto
  • Portabella Mushrooms - Sauteed with Pesto and Quinoa
  • Patty Pan Squash - Sauteed with some rosemary and served as a side dish to Tilapia
To be used later:
  • Mini Pumpkin - What am I supposed to do with them?  Suggestions welcome.
  • Potato
  • Butternut Squash




No comments:

Post a Comment