Friday, February 3, 2012

Greenling = Love

Dallas now has a local produce delivery service and it makes my heart swoon.

www.Greenling.com

Today I received my first local box.  In the mix:


Crimini Mushrooms - Kitchen Pride
Arugula Herb - Generation Farm
Rutabagas - Just Peachy Farm
Brussels Sprouts - Hillside Farm
Marrs Oranges - G&S Groves
Texas Grapefruit - G&S Groves
Greens (Kale, Mustards or Collards) - Paul Quinn Farm OR Good Earth Organics
Spinach - Gundermann AcresGreen
Cabbage - Gundermann Acres










The cabbage was bigger than my head.  Mom was excited about the thought of making kraut again so I am going to bring it with me to their house over the weekend to make some kraut out of it.  It is big enough that we can easily share it.  It is about time for more of it, my last batch is almost gone.  

In addition to the local box, I got a gallon of local milk.  It tastes amazing and I will be having a glass with a ginger cookie tonight for dessert.

I will keep you posted on what the rest of the produce ends up becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment