Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Using Leftovers

In case you couldn't tell from the many other posts, I don't eat just a ton of meat.  (Un)Fortunately I end up at quite a few steak restaurants for team dinners because the rest of the corporate world likes to eat steak.  My Solution?  Order a bunch of sides to share with the table and skip the steak. It works out pretty good because I get to try an bunch of things and then there isn't the awkward moment where I have to explain that the side they are serving to the entire table was actually my meal.  Of course there are always leftovers and when I am in Dallas I ask for those to be boxed up so I can get a few more meals out of them.  In this instance there were leftover sauteed mushrooms which were screaming at me to go into an omelette. So into a skillet they went to reheat, toss in a few green onions, two scrambled eggs and some gouda and you have yourself an awesome meal.  Now, don't be like me and just scramble everything into a hot mess (evidence by the awesome unappetizing looking picture below).  Spend some time and make a nice looking omelette so when you take a picture it looks amazing.  Or not because you are way too hungry to take that kind of time.


1 comment: