Friday, February 24, 2012

Rutabaga/Turnip Mash with Mushroom Gravy

I'll start by saying I don't remember if they were rutabagas or turnips because I have had so much of both in my life lately.  They seem to be in season....

Everything but the cheese on top came from Greenling.

Start by sauteing sliced mushrooms with green onions.  When they are done toss on a bit of flour and cook for a few minutes.  Whisk in some stock, water or milk depending on your taste and you have a nice little gravy.


Boil diced rutabaga/turnip


Once they are done, drain and mash.  I added a bit of chicken stock rather than milk to keep it a little healthier.



Serve the gravy on top of the mash.  I put a bit of laughing cow cheese on top, blue cheese flavor, and man was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment