Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Long Overdue Greenling Boxes

Perhaps you guys won't notice the dates I received these boxes in relation to what day this post is going up?  That would be great....

July 18


Watermelon, Blueberries, Purple Eyed Peas, Onion, Tomato, Carrot, Tomatillo, Cucumber, Okra, Parsley

August 1


Peach, Blueberries, Grapefruit, Pickling Cucumber, Microgreens, Asian Greens, Radish, Parsley, Pear, Onion

All the fruit and carrots went into smoothies as usual and the greens were sauteed and become lunches.  Both of which are boring so I won't really write much about it.  More to come on the tomatillos, okra and salad fixins.  Unfortunately, I ruined the Purple Eyed Peas with too much Marjoram so what we didn't eat that night just went in the trash.  Maybe I should have come up with a way to re-purpose, but I just couldn't think of anything at the time.  Oh well.

I haven't gotten another box since these two because I had way too much food to eat and if I am going to keep my Food Waste Friday posts to a minimum I need to eat what I have.  Also, my mom's garden has been quite productive and she has been graciously sharing.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment