Friday, August 23, 2013

FWF - Travelling Got Me

FoodWasteFriday
Another Friday is here and it is time to fess up to some waste.  I was unexpectedly sent on a business trip for the last half of last week so was unable to finish eating up the things I had planned on taking care of before they went bad.  On top of that, I found out at 5pm the day before that I was leaving so I didn't even have time to prepare and freeze a few things.
Sauteed Yellow Squash & Peanut and Soba Noodle Salad

On to the good news.  I was able to save some old rolls before I left by turning them in to croutons. 

I cubed the rolls, then put them in a skillet over medium heat with a few pats of butter.  Give them a shake every few minutes so you can get all the sides nice and crispy.  When they are about done, I toss in the chopped herbs, salt and pepper.  Garlic would also be a nice addition, but honestly I didn't want to go the effort on this particular day.

Good luck to everyone trying to stay to zero waste.

Thanks to Simply Being Mum for hosting FWF.

No comments:

Post a Comment