Monday, June 17, 2013

Summer Salads

Summer is in full swing and in Texas that means it is HOT.  We haven't quite made it to 100F yet, but it is only a matter of time.  After going for a run outside the last thing I was to do is stand over the stove and get even hotter so I turn to a salad.  These two salads used up the last of the red leaf lettuce, pee shoots, amaranth and purslane, plus a bit of romaine that was laying around.

Salad #1
No dressing on this salad, but instead I relied on the flavor from the fish salad on top, as well as the queso blanco that my mom made herself.

Fish Salad
1 Tbsp Mayo, 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard, 1 Carrot, 1 White Fish Fillet
1/2 Jalapeno, 1 Tbsp Spring Onion, Salt and Pepper

Dice everything and stir together


Salad #2
Dressed with ranch (by the way I am so happy to have it back in my life again) and topped with leftover taco meat, mushroom, queso blanco, spring onion, black beans and diced jalapenos.

It perhaps might be considered a Taco Salad, but there is no shell here.  We did eat it with chips so maybe it is a Nacho Salad?

No comments:

Post a Comment