Friday, June 14, 2013

Beet Greens Two Ways

I am beet lover, greens and all.  It has been said that the greens are even more healthy than the beets themselves, but that doesn't matter too much to me.  Unfortunately, Steven is not a fan of either, but that doesn't stop me from trying.  My latest attempt was to chop the greens, stems and all, and saute.  Since I had some pea shoots, amaranth, purslane and spring onion to be using, those went into the skillet as well.  Once everything was about cooked, I tossed in a bit of my brother's home made super spicy salsa and a dash of cheese.  Topped with sour cream to cool the spice a bit.



The verdict..."Make anything super spicy and serve it with sour cream and I will like it"

The next day, I took the leftover portion of the greens and put them with some black bean into a quesadilla for a quick lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment