Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pate

I made pate and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  For Slow Cooker Thursday last week I got two whole chickens and took the breasts, thighs and drumsticks and used them in the slow cooker meal.  That left me with two carcasses that had some meat left so I stuck everything, giblets and all, in the stock pot and boiled everything.  Of course this made some great chicken stock, but when it was done I had the cooked innards left over.  My crazy self threw them in the blender with some garlic and spices and called it pate.

That gets me to today, when I am eating the pate and I don't know how I feel about it.  It doesn't taste bad, but I'm not really sure I want to keep eating it.  It looks like grey mush and every time I dip into it just looks gross.  I have a bag of crackers, the pate and some hummus and I find myself dipping in the hummus more than the pate.  Why is it that leberwurst (liverwurst) is so delicious but when I make essentially the same thing it weirds me out a little?  I just might have mental issues but it seems the pate will probably just be trash and I can call that a failure.

1 comment: