Saturday, December 10, 2011

Let's do the math - Chick-fil-A

Thursday night we left the Allen Events Center after watching an unfortunate defeat of the Wichita Thunder against the Allen Americans with food on the brain.  I wasn't starving since I had a snack of leftover macaroni and cheese, potato cakes and blaukraut before we left to go to the game, but I knew I would need food before bed.  There was a Chick-fil-A immediately outside the arena so Steven stopped to get some dinner since he did not have a snack before we left.

I have been trying to control my intake for a while to get back to my pre-wedding weight.  With holiday season upon us it has been that much more difficult.  I know I am not successful every day, but every day that I am is a step in the right direction.

Anyway to the point of the story, I had hoped to order a kids size chicken sandwich but they don't have such a thing on the menu.  Steven convinced me to just eat half of a normal sandwich and it would be fine.  I think I actually ended up eating less that half, but let's just say half for easy math. According to their website a chicken sandwich is 430 calories so that left me with 215 plus the Guinness I had while watching the game that is 126 calories.  341 total.

I think I am ok with that.  Obviously it isn't everything I ate yesterday, but it really could have been much worse.  What I did learn out of this though is that there are options at Chick-fil-A that I had never considered. The big eye opener was to ask for no butter on the chicken sandwich and it saves 30 calories.  I will give it a go next time and see how much the taste is affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment